Parkour / Free Running is a urban sport that defies the built environment and physical controls built into the streets and creates something very urban but at the same time very poetic and well executed, making aspects of martial arts and acrobatics its very own.
It began life in the suburbs of Paris but quickly gained following by people in other cities….Watch out for the typical feature of London i.e. people just go about their business in the background without paying any attention!
If you’re interested in watching Parkour professionals they’re in action tomorrow (Sunday 31st May 2009) starting off at IMax at 11am. More info <a href=”http://urbanfreeflow.com”>HERE</a>
Ok, this is the first post on this blog, which will hopefully deliver news of the latest events in London, articles on key issues and very opinionated and edgey opinions. We are always looking for contributers so if you wish to contribute please feel free.
We begin with an event we at UL have organised for the Summer.
It’s not a flash mob, it’s a PILLOW FIGHT!!!
Location: Trafalgar Square north side of the fountain (on the National Gallery Entrance side)
Date: Friday 26 June, 2009 – when Big Ben strikes 6:30pm
1) Tell everyone you know about PILLOW FIGHT (bring a pillow) !!!
2) Wait for the Big Ben to strike 6:30pm precisely and then start!
3) Don’t hit anyone without a pillow (unless they want it kinky lol)
4) Don’t hit anyone with a camera
5) Someone yells “Stop!”, goes limp, taps out, their fight is over
6) SOFT pillows to be used ONLY
7) HAVE FUN!!!
(Rain plan: put your pillow in a plastic bag, see Rules 1 – 7)